Monday, May 18, 2009

In which I issue a cry for help

Hey, 'member when I used to be funny?  Those were the days.

*********

I have been trying for well, years, literally, to get up early in the morning.  Like at 7.  Which is not really that early, compared to you know, when babies get up and stuff.  So you'd think I could do 7.  But I can't.  

Unless, of course, it happens to be the weekend.  For some reason, it is easier for me to get up early on the weekends.  Sure, if I can sit around and drink coffee and watch some bad movie or The Universe or something, THEN I can get up at 7.  But not if I actually have to be somewhere in a timely fashion.  No, then I can only wake up in a slobbering panic 30 minutes before I have to leave.  

Am I the only one who has this problem?  Any suggestions on how to fix it?

1 comment:

  1. #1. buy a programable coffee pot and set it to make coffee 30 minutes before you want to get up
    #2 set you alarm 15 m inutes before the time you need to get up
    #3 put alarm and coffee cup in the kitchen next to coffee pot
    #4 grumble angrily as you need to walk all the way to the kitchen to turn off the alarm
    #5 realize happily that the coffee is ready!
    #6 take a cup of coffee back to bed and enjoy for 15 minutes before trying to get ready for your day - good luck! Indigo Montoya

    ReplyDelete