Thursday, December 18, 2008

In which I am overtaken by the Funk

It's official.  I am in a Christmas Funk.  And I don't mean I'm surrounded by musicians with sunglasses and saxophones.  

I don't know what it is.  I don't want to decorate or make cookies, and I don't want to listen to Mariah Carey's "All I Want for Christmas".  I don't feel like singing "Santa Baby" in my living room with the couch as the audience.  What? Doesn't everyone do that?  Never mind.

Maybe it's because I don't get to go to New York this year, the first time in six years I'm not there during the holidays.  No Rockefeller Center tree, no Bergdorf Goodman windows.  No snow in Central Park. Obviously they decorate in LA, and they do it nicely.  It's just not New York.  

Maybe it's because I won't be with family this year.  It's certainly not the first time, but it seems extra bitter this year because, well, because of the Funk, I guess.

It will be fine, though.  It's only one day, it's only a week away, and then it'll be over.  And I'll just have New Year's Eve to contend with...  

Oh dear.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment