Wednesday, November 19, 2008

In which I fully regret the decision to begin every blog entry with "In which I"

Hm. 

Well, I told everyone about my blog and got lots of kind responses about it being funny, etc.  Now I am feeling a certain amount of pressure to write something really good.  GO!

*crickets*

Right.

The problem with blogging is that you start thinking of your whole life in terms of narrating your blog.  In beginning, you think everything you write is delightful.  Soon every thought that crosses your mind is brilliantly hilarious.  Before you know it, you're driving around town thinking "...and then I turned left!"  AH HA HA HA HA HA HA!  But a little time goes by and you come to realize that you might be deluding yourself, and then your desire to write is stifled by your desire not to be humiliated.  And you ultimately find yourself lying on your living room floor singing the El Pollo Loco song in an operatic voice just to distract yourself from the paralyzing terror.

Not that I would have any experience with that.  

Anyway.  Last night I watched The Universe.  It was a great episode about parallel universes.  I am still scraping my brains off the wall.  It's pretty mind-blowing to think that every time you make a choice, at exactly the same time in some plane you make the opposite choice and BANG! you are walking around in a whole different universe.  Well, something like that.  Like I said, still trying to get those brains back in my noggin.

Perhaps in another universe I have been blogging for years. In some universe, I never even started.  But, luckily for YOU, I'm in this one, with many friends and loved ones to just flat out make fun of me and this blogging nonsense.  Take for instance this email exchange I had today with my boss/friend Clay:

Clay:  Why did you (do this wrong)?
Me:  Because I am not perfect.
Clay: Are you going to make a blog entry for: In which I am not perfect...at updating changes of addresses?

What am I supposed do with that?  




1 comment: