Wednesday, February 18, 2009

In which I give you my top five

Without further ado, here are the things I will miss about Los Angeles:

#5.  Do I really have to explain this:


Or this?

Yeah, it's pretty.  

#4.    My apartment and the building in which it resides.  

The courtyard is really beautiful and my apartment was truly my refuge - it was the only place I felt completely safe and protected.  

#3.    My neighbor - she is from New York and is wonderfully able to exist successfully in LA while being genuinely kind and friendly.  A great friend to have so close by.  You know my New York neighbors probably won't even talk to me.


(A parenthetical pause to note how gigantic my head is.  Wish I could have left that in LA.  It's like a Frankenstein head.  Yikes.)

#2.   My hair salon.  I know, I know, that sounds really shallow, but don't forget I lived in LA for nearly three years.  Shallow waits around the corner from the Coffee Bean so it can take over your soul while you are busy drinking your organic beverage.  But seriously, ChopChop, is the very best salon I have EVER been to.  Every single person in the salon makes you feel like a rock star from the minute you walk in the door.  All of their stylists are exceptional, although my favorite is Thy (pronounced like tea) because I can tell her I want a concept, and she understands exactly what I'm looking for.  I told her I'd never find that in NY, and she was all, "don't be Negativa - you'll find someone!"  I don't believe her.  

#1.    My therapist.
I really don't even know what to say about her.  I would not have made it without her help.  She was the perfect balance of compassionate friend and challenging teacher.  She helped me begin to change a part of myself that I didn't like, and most importantly, she laughed at all my jokes.  Although I am not completely sane, it was well worth the co-pays.  

No comments:

Post a Comment