Monday, August 31, 2009

New York-y


Only in New York will you see a Mini Cooper limo. A PINK Mini Cooper limo.



And we've all lost socks in the dryer, but who has ever seen a flyer for one?


Only in NYC.

(Ok, it is ultimately an ad for a new store, but pretty clever, no?)


********

Lately I've had my air conditioner (a window unit that was a housewarming gift from my friend S) on all the time and the windows closed to shut out the heat and humidity. It sort of makes me feel isolated, because I can't hear the city. No voices or music or laughter. But the weather has cooled down considerably, at least for now, and it is feeling very fall-like. So I turned off the AC and the fans and opened all the windows last night. And I remembered what I've been missing: the drunken yelling, the honking, the sirens.

Ah, New York.

No comments:

Post a Comment